Are you searching for the process of marriage registration to get a marriage certificate in Nepal?
Here we have shared some information to get a marriage certificate in Nepal:
The main thing to know is: What is a Marriage?
Marriage is also called “Matrimony” or “Wedlock”. Marriage can be defined as the process of formal union of two people as a partner in a personal relationship culturally and socially. It is regulated by law, rules, customs, beliefs that define the rights, obligations, and duties of partners.
According to the legal system, marriage is the process of making the relationship between two people legal, which is acceptable in the eyes of law. Marriage creates bonding not only with the couples, but also creates a new bonding with two families.
To get a marriage certificate easily in Nepal, here we have shared some tips below:
Documents required to get marriage certificate:
- Application of registration
- Passport size photo of the couple
- Letter from ward office of female and male stating the both male and female are unmarried or divorce
- Citizenship of the married couple are required
- Citizenship of the parents of the married couple are required
- Proof of Marriage with photos and witnesses are required
- A marriage invitation card is required if possible
- A migration certificate if the marriage certificate is registered anywhere besides the place of native residence is required.
The above-mentioned documents are the most important documents which are required while registering for the marriage and to get a marriage certificate in Nepal. You have to take all the mentioned documents for the registration of marriage to the Marriage registration office.
Why Marriage certificate is required?
The marriage certificate is required because they are mentioned below:
- To get an advantage to make citizenship in the name of their husband.
- It helps an individual in proving they are legally married to someone.
- To get a visa if their Wife or Husband lives abroad.
- It is necessary in getting life insurance benefits in the name of their husbands or wife .
- It is necessary to get a family pension, bank deposits, property work, and other facilities.
Legal age to get the Marriage Certificate in Nepal:
The government of Nepal has made a certain criterion for age to get a marriage certificate i.e. 20 years. It will be easy if the couple gets married after the age of 20. They can get a marriage certificate.
These are the major requirements and criteria which are mentioned by the government to get a “Marriage Certificate” in Nepal. These criteria should be fulfilled by the couples to get a marriage certificate in Nepal.